Creating structure, even when you’re a free spirit, is going to simplify motherhood!
During the month of June I’ve chatted about simplifying, organizing and decluttering in a lot of ways! June is coming to a close so I wanted to go out with a bang. Motherhood!
We’re all doing our best but it’s hard! So, I wanted to share with you some ways to simplify. 5 ways to be exact!
- Ask for help – I’m not ashamed nor do I feel guilty when asking for help. There is no rule that says you have to do it all! Too often we think we have to wear this badge of, I can do it all! and that’s like holding on to the rail of a sinking ship! Let go, ask for a lifeboat….your chances of survival go WAY up!
- Routines – my days without implementing even a few routines are long and stressful. With littles at home (I mean it’s summer so we’re all here) they need some structure even if they are small ones.
- Intentional Planning – I do this in 2 ways, the night before I create my to-do list for the next day. So, I’m distanced from it and have a clear mind/nothing else pressing in. On Sunday nights I plan for the week. I go over the next week with my hubby, think about groceries, outings, commitments and everything else so nothing “surprises me”.
- Systems – We have an amazing laundry system and we don’t waver, mostly. Back in Ep 1 of The Unhurried Life, I give you all the tips for systems, go listen if you haven’t, it’s full of systems, tips, hacks and ideas! You’ll love it! I also have a systems for the little things, like organizing my phone pics and staying on top of what’s happening to my kids digital memories.
If your ears perked up when I said, how to organize your phone pics (cause you may have like 30K) it’s not too late to join my 5 day challenge: organize your photos! This system is something that keeps my brain light, I don’t have this weighing down in the back of my mind that I need to get done! Come join, you’ll love it and see that it’s not as scary as you may think!
- Screen Free – This one is a process and it’s been such a blessing to our family to go screen free! Screen free may sound scary or like too big of a change but this lifestyle has totally simplified motherhood for me. I used to give my 2 year old my phone to watch YouTube videos of garbage trucks while I took a shower…so we haven’t always been this way.
But I made a life choice to detox from screens and did a lot of research on this and it took a little while but it’s blessed us in ways I could never have imagined! If you want to hear more on this please please let me know, leave a review and tell me, I read all the reviews or send me a DM on insta, something! I’d love to go into this more because it’s the most significant thing that simplifies our lives! REally really! And you can obtain it, if I did, you can!
Today’s podcast episode on The Unhurried Life is about simplifying motherhood and these 5 things I’m doing right now to keep breathing slowly, keep priorities in order and find joy right where I’m at!
To go deeper into simplifying motherhood tune in to this episode no matter what stage you’re in to hear the 5 tips to simplify your life. Just by listening you’re taking the first step in crafting a life you love with a style you can sustain!